This tutorial assumes you’ve already created your new email account in your web hosting account….. typically through your hosting control panel.
Now let’s learn how to setup that new email account in Windows Vista Mail, so you’ll be able to send and receive emails to and from that new email account.
1) Start by clicking the Tools link here. Then click Accounts.
2) Click Add.
3) Ensure the Email Account option is selected, then click Next.
4) Enter the Name as you would like it to appear in the From field of outgoing emails, and click Next.
5) Enter your new email address here, then click Next.
6) Now enter your Incoming and Outgoing server settings in these boxes.
7) Click Next.
8) Enter your email address as your username here.
9) Then enter your email password here. Click Next.
10) If you do not wish to check your email at this time, check this box. Then, click Finish.
11) One more step before we’re finished… click Properties.
12) Then click the Servers tab.
13) Select the Outgoing server requires authentication check box.
Outgoing server authentication means that Windows Mail will login to your mail server even when sending emails (not just receiving), ensuring that you are the only one that can send emails from your account.
14) Click OK when finished.
15) Click Close.