This tutorial assumes you’ve already created your new email account in your cPanel.
Now let’s learn how to setup that new email account in Outlook 2003, so you’ll be able to send/receive emails to/from that new email account from here.
1) Start by clicking the Tools link here. Then click E-mail Accounts.
2) The Email Accounts window appears.
3) Click here to add a new email account. Then click Next.
4) Choose POP3 here. Then click Next.
5) Enter the Name as you would like it to appear in the From field of outgoing emails.
6) Then enter your new email address here.
7) Now enter the email username….. this is the entire email address (email@example.com).
8) Then enter your email password here.
9) Now enter your Incoming (POP3) and Outgoing (SMTP) server settings in these boxes.
10) Click the More Settings tab.
11) Then click the Outgoing Server tab.
12) Check the box for SMTP Authentication. Most SMTP servers use the same username and password as the incoming (POP3) servers, so just leave this selected, then click OK.
SMTP authentication means that Outlook will login to your mail server even when sending emails (not just receiving), ensuring that you are the only one that can send emails from your account.
13) Click Finish to complete the wizard.
That’s it! We’ve successfully setup an email account, and can now start sending and receiving emails to and from that account, from Outlook 2003.
This is the end of the tutorial. You now know how to setup an email account in Outlook 2003. Remember that you also have to create that email address in your hosting account before it will work.