This tutorial assumes that you have already unlocked the domain at its current registrar and that you also have the authorization code (sometimes called an EPP code) from your domain registrar.
To perform a new domain registration or initiate a transfer, first an order must be placed for it. A customer can do that from the client area or you can create one using the admin side order process. Once you have the order, the domain registration can then be processed in a number of ways.
1) Go to the domain transfer section of client area. This can be done by going to Domains and then clicking the link under the Transferring Domains section. Or you can simply click here.
2) Enter the domain name you wish to transfer to MushroomTech.
3) Enter the domain Transfer Code (EPP) in the appropriate text field. This code should be provided by your current domain registrar.
4) Click the Submit Request button at the bottom of the page.
That’s it! We will update you once the domain transfer is successful.
Registrar: Registrar is a company that registers domain name.
Gaining Registrar: Gaining registrar is new provider that you would like to transfer the domain over. If a domain was registered with Company X and you are transferring it to MushroomTech, MushroomTech is the gaining registrar.
Losing Registrar: Losing registrar is current provider of the domain that you wish to transfer away. If a domain was registered with MushroomTech and you are transferring it to Company X,MushroomTech is the losing registrar.
Registrant: Registrant is the owner of a particular domain name.
Registry: Registry is a database of all domain names registered in a top-level domain.
IMPORTANT: Domain Name Conditions
- Domain name has not expired and within 30 days from the domain expiry date.
- Domain name must be registered for more than 60 days.
- Domain name must be renewed for more than 45 days.
- Ensure the domain name is not involved in any legal or payment dispute.
- Ensure the domain name status is set to “ACTIVE”.
- Ensure the domain name WhoIs ID Protection (if purchased) is disabled.
- Only the administrative person of domain has authority for domain transfer.
- Ensure the email address of the administrative contact for the domain name must be valid. We correspond with the administrative contact for the transfer request approval.
Transfer Domain Name Process:
- We will submit your domain transfer request to our domain registrar within 24 hours upon receiving of your order and payment confirmation.
- The admin email contact of your domain name will receive a domain transfer authorization email.
- You will have to follow the instructions given in the domain transfer authorization to authorize your domain name to be transferred to MushroomTech.
- The losing registrar (your current domain provider) might send you another email on your domain transfer confirmation and you will need to follow the instructions given in the confirmation email send to the admin contact of your domain name.
- You will have to wait for the losing registrar to release your domain name to MushroomTech.
- Your domain name successfully transferred to MushroomTech upon losing registrar releasing of your domain name.
Domain transfer for .com/.net/.org/.biz/.name/.info/.cn/.us domain name
1) What is Authorization Info / EPP Code?
An authorization code (also referred to as an <AUTHINFO>, <AUTO>, auth code, Authinfo code or an EPP code); is a 6- to 16-character “password” assigned by a sponsoring Registrar.
2) Why the Authorization Info / EPP Code is required?
This code is required by the central registry to transfer your domain name from one registrar to another. The Authorization Info / EPP Code are designed to prevent unauthorized or fraudulent transfers.
3) How to get Authorization Info / EPP Code for my domain name?
Registrant is required to contact the current domain Registrar of the domain to request for the domain’s Authorization Info / EPP Code.
You must get your EPP code from your current registrar (also called the “losing” registrar), and give it to the registrar that you are transferring your name to. The gaining registrar will verify this code with the central registry, and if it matches, then you will be able to transfer your domain name. The only place that you can get your EPP code is from the registrar that your name is currently registered at.
We recommended obtaining your domain’s Authorization Code before initiating a domain transfer request.
4) How long does it take to transfer a domain name toMushroomTech?
A registrar transfer process will requires 2-10 business days to complete.
5) Why I encountered “Authorization Error” when approved your transfer request?
“Authorization Error” is error message returned from registry stated that the Authorization Information entered during the transfer request submission was invalid.
We advise you to contact current registrar to obtain the valid/correct Authorization Information so that we can re-initiate the transfer request.
6) Why I encountered “Object status prohibits operation” when approved the transfer request?
A domain name must be in Active status in order to approve or transfer a domain name.
Error “Object status prohibits operation” was due the domain name currently is under Lock status, please contact the current registrar to unlock the domain and retry to approve the transfer request.
7) Can I cancel a Registrar transfer and how do I cancel it?
Yes, we are allowed to cancel a registrar transfer if the transfer request has yet approved by the domain administrator. Please send us a request at firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel the registrar transfer request.
8) I did not receive the registrar transfer authorization email, how do I request to resend the authorization email?
Please send us a request at email@example.com to resend the registrar transfer authorization email.
NOTE: Registrar transfer authorization email will only be sent to Administrative Contact of the domain name.
9) If I had purchased the WhoIs ID Protection, will it be transferred together with my domain name?
Whois ID Protection is non- transferable. You will have to re-purchase a new Whois ID Protection with us. The price for ID Protection is USD 8.99 (RM 29.90) per year.