This demo assumes you have a domain name registered through NameCheap.com, and starts from their home page.
Now let’s learn how to transfer your domain name away from this registrar, and into the domain registry of your choice.
Domain name transfers must be initiated at the new registrars website…. that is, the website for the domain registrar where you want your domain name transferred to.
However, you must first ensure that your domain name is not locked, or being prevented from being transferred out of this registry….. and that’s what we’re going to do now…..
1) Enter your NameCheap.com Username and Password here
2) Then click Login Now!
You are now logged in to your NameCheap.com account
3) Click the View link here to see a list of domain names in your account
4) Click the domain name for which you want to remove the registry lock
5) Click the Registrar Lock link here
In this case, the Registrar Lock status is “Not Locked“, which is what we want if we want to transfer a domain name out of this registry
6) If the status was “Locked“, then we would want to click here to release the lock…..
7) ….. then we would click the Save Changes button here
You will also need to obtain the Authorization Code before transferring the domain to MushroomTech.