This demo assumes you have a domain name registered through ItsYourDomain.com, and starts from their home page.
Now let’s learn how to transfer your domain name away from this registrar, and into the domain registry of your choice.
Domain name transfers must be initiated at the new registrars website…. that is, the website for the domain registrar where you want your domain name transferred to.
However, you must first ensure that your domain name is not locked, or being prevented from being transferred out of this registry….. and that’s what we’re going to do now…..
1) Enter your itsyourdomain.com Username and Password in the boxes here
2) Then click Login
You are now logged in to your itsyourdomain.com account
3) Click the Transfer Shield link here
4) Answer the security question you would have setup for your account
5) Then click Continue
6) Click the Edit Transfer Shield link here
7) Select the domain name you wish to unlock, then click Continue
8) Ensure this setting is “Not Armed” by clicking NO
9) Then click Continue
You will also need to obtain the Authorization Code before transferring the domain to MushroomTech.