This demo assumes you have a domain name registered through dotster.com, and starts from their home page.
Now let’s learn how to transfer your domain name away from this registrar, and into the domain registry of your choice.
Domain name transfers must be initiated at the new registrars website…. that is, the website for the domain registrar where you want your domain name transferred to.
However, you must first ensure that your domain name is not locked, or being prevented from being transferred out of this registry….. and that’s what we’re going to do now…..
1) Click on the My Account link here
2) Enter your dotster.com Account Name (or domain name) and Password in the boxes here
3) Then click the Log in button
You are now logged in to your dotster.com account
4) Click the My Domains link here
5) Select the domain name you wish to manage… in this case, 12456domain.net
6) Click here…..
7) … and select Unlock these domains
8) Then click Go
That’s it! The lock has been removed from the domain name, so it can now be transferred to another domain registry.
You will also need to obtain the Authorization Code before transferring the domain to MushroomTech.