This demo assumes you have a domain name registered through godaddy.com, and starts from their home page.
Now let’s learn how to transfer your domain name away from this registrar, and into the domain registry of your choice.
Domain name transfers must be initiated at the new registrars website…. that is, the website for the domain registrar where you want your domain name transferred to.
However, you must first ensure that your domain name is not locked, or being prevented from being transferred out of this registry….. and that’s what we’re going to do now…..
1) Enter your GoDaddy.com account Login Name and Password in the boxes here
2) Then click the Go button
You are now logged in to your GoDaddy.com account
3) Click the Domain Manager link here
4) Then click on the domain name you wish to manage
5) Click the Manage link next to “Locked”
6) Uncheck the box next to Lock Domains
7) Click OK when finished
Next, click the Send by Email option next to Authorization Code.
That’s it! The lock has been removed from the domain name and you should have revived a copy of the authorization code. It can now be transferred to MushroomTech!